With much of small grains already planted in central Arizona, Dr. Mike Ottman, UA Extension Agronomist, put together the first Small Grain Advisory of the year.
A new version will be available by every other week. To read the current Advisory, Click Here.
Most of crop management practices of small grains are connected to different stages of growth of the crop.
As a refresher, the following link is an introduction to the main stages of small grains and their characteristics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwCjxwMcyks
- Phosphorus Fertilizer for Alfalfa August 22, 2017
- Aphids in Sorghum May 9, 2017
- Section 18 Emergency Exemption of Transform® WG for the Control of Sugarcane Aphid in Sorghum September 22, 2016
- Sugarcane Aphid: A New Threat to Sorghum in Arizona August 30, 2016
- Cutworms in Alflafa August 2, 2016