Alfalfa, Forage and alternative field crops
- Ellsworth P.C. New Research & Trends in Cotton Insect Control. Arizona Pest Management Center.
4 slide per page (PDF file 8.002Mb)
Poster presented at the Desert Agriculture Conference, Scottsdale, AZ.
- Ellsworth, P. Section 18 Emergency Exemptions & Transform Use in Cotton.
4 slides per page (PDF file 2.972MB)
Presented at the Desert Agriculture Conference, Chandler, AZ. April 27, 2017.
- Vandervoet T., P.C. Ellsworth, S.E. Naranjo, Y. Carrière. Measuring Biological Control for Whitefly Management in Cotton.
4 slides per page
Presented at New Technology Workshop, Maricopa, AZ, June 8, 2016.
- Ellsworth, P., Fournier, A., Vandervoet, T., Naranjo, S. The Arizona Whitefly IPM Model: Cooperative Extension as Key to Translating and Transforming the Mexican Cotton System.
4 slides per page
Presented at the 2nd International Whitefly Symposium, Arusha, Tanzania. February 18, 2016.
- Ellsworth, P.C. Whitefly Management & Prevention of Excess Sugars in Cotton
“Focus on Cotton” webinar series of the Plant Management Network. August 2014.
Note: This webinar focuses on management practices appropriate to Arizona.
- Goodell, P.B. Preventing Sticky Cotton Caused by Whitefly & Aphid
“Focus on Cotton” webinar series of the Plant Management Network. July 2014.
Note: Comments on stickiness in this webinar are broadly applicable to different cotton production regions. Whitefly and aphid management guidelines presented are specific to California.
- Ellsworth, P.C. Making Sense of Genetically Modified Crops.
(4 slides per page, PDF file 2.89 MB). Presented at the Arizona Highlands Garden Conference in Miami, AZ. November 2013.
- Ellsworth, P. Landscape Influences on Lygus Bugs in Western Cotton.
4 slides per page, Watch Presentation
Presented for the Plant Management Network and part of Cotton Incorporated Focus on Cotton Webcast series. July, 2013.
- Fournier, A., Ellsworth, P.C., W. Dixon, J, Palumbo and J. Peterson. 22 years of agricultural pesticide use data reveal dramatic reduction in broad-spectrum insecticides. 1 slides per page University of Arizona, Department of Entomology & Arizona Pest Management Center. 7th International IPM Symposium, Memphis, TN, March 27-29, 2012. (Poster)
- Ellsworth, P.C., L.M. Brown, A. Fournier, and W. Dixon. Measuring Up! Involving Stakeholders in Assessment of an Industry’s IPM Revolution. 1 slides per page University of Arizona, Department of Entomology & Arizona Pest Management Center. 7th International IPM Symposium, Memphis, TN, March 27-29, 2012. (Poster)
- Ellsworth, P.C. Closing Plenary: Research Informs the Practice of IPM, the Critical Link that Separates Fad from Science-Based Application (4 slides per page, PDF file 3.1MB). Presented at the 7th International Integrated Pest Management Symposium, Memphis, TN. March 29, 2012.
- Ellsworth, P.C. Lygus Management in the West – Arizona Update: Transform™ (sulfoxaflor), a new active ingredient for the control of Lygus in cotton. (4 slides per page, PDF file 2.4MB). Presented at the New York Transform Exchange. New York, NY. September 21, 2011.
- Ellsworth, P.C. & S. Naranjo Conservation of Natural Enemies for Management of Bemisia tabaci. ( 4 slides per page , PDF file 2.3MB). Presented by infitation at the Fourth European Whitefly Symposium. Rehovot, Israel. September 11th – 16st, 2011. Abstract (PDF file, 64KB).
- Ellsworth, P.C. 2009 Cotton Insect Management. ( 4 slides per page , PDF file 7.8MB). Presented at the 2010 Desert Agricultural Conference. Casa Grande, AZ. May 13, 2010.
- Ellsworth, P. & S. Naranjo. 50 Years of the Integrated Control Concept: Moving the Concept and Implementation Forward in Arizona. ( 4 slides per page with notes , PDF file 1.9MB). Presented at the Fifth International Bemisia Workshop, Guangzhou, China. Nov 10, 2009.
- Ellsworth, P., J. Palumbo, A. Fournier & Y. Carriere. Measuring Adoption of Cross-commodity IPM Guidelines for Whitefly Control. ( 2 slides/page with notes , PDF file 1.2MB). Presented at the Fifth International Bemisia Workshop, Guangzhou, China. Nov 10, 2009.
- Ellsworth, P.C. 2009 Cotton Pest Management Field Tour – Whitefly, Lygus & Mite Control Product Performance. (PDF file, 1.4 MB ) Small Grains & Late Season Cotton Field Day, Maricopa Agricultural Center. Maricopa, AZ. September 29, 2009
- Ellsworth, P.C. & S.E. Naranjo. IPM in Arizona Cotton: Successful adoption of selective controls for multiple key insect pests ( 4 slides/page with notes, PDF file 1.33MB ; Abstract, PDF file 59KB ) Presented at 6th International IPM Symposium, Portland, OR. March 26, 2009.
- Fournier, A., P.C Ellsworth, & V.M. Barkley Economic Impact of Lygus in Arizona Cotton: A Comparative Approach. (Poster, PDF file 3.2MB) Presented at the Second International Lygus Symposium, Pacific Grove, CA, April 15-19, 2007
- Ellsworth, P. Plant Bug Thresholds in Arizona Cotton. (2 slides/page with notes, PDF file 3.0 MB ) Presented by invitation at the Plant Bug and Stink Bug Management Workshop, 2007 Beltwide Conference Conferences, New Orleans, Louisiana. January 10, 2007.
- Ellsworth, P. and Palumbo, J. Taking Cotton IPM to a New Level: Cross-Commodity Management and Areawide Benefits. ( 2 slides/page with notes, PDF file, 2.7 MB ) Presented at the mini-symposium “Biologically-based IPM in Cotton: Research, Outreach and Grower Adoption,” at the Fifth National IPM Symposium, St. Louis MO. April 4, 2006.
- Ellsworth, P. Plant Bugs (Lygus spp.). ( 2 slides /page with speaker’s notes, PDF file, 1.2 MB ) Presented at Producer’s Conference of the Beltwide Cotton Conferences, San Antonio, TX, January 4, 2006.
- Ellsworth, P. Flonicamid Efficacy on Lygus Hesperus in Arizona. ( 2 slides /page with speaker’s notes PDF file, 2.24 MB ) Carbine Insecticide / Aphicide Launch, presented at FMCs Cotton Beltwide Cotton Consultant Meeting, Beltwide Cotton Conferences, San Antonio, TX, January 3, 2006.
- Barkley, V. and Ellsworth, P. Transitioning Lygus Chemical Controls to More Selective Options for Arizona Cotton. ( PDF file, 2.1 MB ) Poster presented at the First International Lygus Symposium, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Feb 1, 2005.
- Ellsworth, P. Cotton Insect Losses. ( 6 slides /page PDF file, 1.33 MB ) Cotton Insect Losses Working Group, presented at Maricopa Agricultural Center, Booth Machinery in Yuma, and Cooperative Extension Office in Blythe, November 21-22, 2005.
- Ellsworth, P. Late Season Lygus Management. ( 6 slides /page PDF file, 1.74MB ) Late Season Cottom Management Workshop, Maricopa Agricultural Center, Maricopa, AZ. Sepember 22, 2005.
- Ellsworth, P. Cotton Management Group Report. ( 2 slides /page PDF file, 1.15MB ) Q-Biotype Whitefly Work Session, Dallas, TX. September 21, 2005.
- Ellsworth, P. Arizona Whitefly Management Plan. ( 2 slides /page PDF file, 4.35MB ) Q-Biotype Whitefly Work Session, Dallas, TX. September 20, 2005.
- Ellsworth, P.C. Update and New Considerations in Cotton Insect Management (6 slides /page PDF file, 784KB) One slide per page PDF file, 2.9MB Early Season Cotton Management Meeting, Adobe Café, Pinal Air Park, Marana, AZ. May 27, 2004.
- Ellsworth, P.C. Lygus Control, New Chemistry & Crop Loss Reporting (6 slides /page PDF file, 731KB) One slide per page PDF file, 2.9MB Desert Ag Conference, The Property, Casa Grande, AZ. May 12, 2004.
- Naranjo, S.E. Conservation Biological Control: Can it Work in the Cotton System ? (6 slides/page PDF file, 1.25MB) Full sized PDF file, 3.26MB University of Arizona Department of Entomology Seminar, Tucson, Arizona. November 6, 2003.
- Ellsworth, P.C. and Y. Carriere Recent Advances in Lygus Management,(6 slides/page PDF file, 448KB) Full sized PDF file, 2MB Entomological Society of America meeting, Cincinnati, Ohio. October 26, 2003.
- Ellsworth, P.C. and S.E. Naranjo. Impact of GMO’s on Non-Target Organisms PowerPoint file, 2.65MB, Annual IPM Meeting, Pinal County Cooperative Extension Office, Casa Grande, AZ. September 24, 2002.
- This presentation is a review of the issues, emotional and scientific, that swirl around the topic of genetically modified organisms and their impact on non-target organisms. The specific example of the Monarch Butterfly as impacted by Bt corn is reviewed; relevant data on Bt cotton in Arizona is presented.
- Ellsworth, P.C.Transgenic Cotton for Insect Control PowerPoint file, 4.24MB Instituto Peruano del Algodonero, Lima, Peru. September 17, 2002.
- This presentation is an overview of the development of Bollgard® and Bollgard II® cottons and their use in Arizona including data on efficacy, spectrum of control, and non-target effects.
- Ellsworth, P.C. and S.E. Naranjo. Integrated Management of Whiteflies in Arizona (English PowerPoint file, 8.3MB PDF file, 230KB Word file, 203KB ; Spanish PowerPoint file, 8.49MB PDF file, 232KB Word file, 238KB), Instituto Peruano del Algodonero, Lima, Peru. September 17, 2002. XXIX Congreso Socolen, Sociedad Colombiana de Entomologia, Monteria, Colombia. July 16, 2002.
- An overview of the Arizona integrated whitefly management plan is provided using a pyramid metaphor.
- Naranjo, S. E. and P.C. Ellsworth. Ecological Effects of Transgenic Crops: Non-target Effects in Bt Cotton PowerPoint file, 2.31MB PDF file, 1.01MB, Desert Ag. Conference, Yuma, AZ. May 9, 2002.