In lieu of our traditional, in-person “Tent Talks” at the field, we held a Virtual “Tent Talks” on Wednesday, August 19, 2020. The event was well-attended with wide array of topics including, precision planting experiment on cotton, planting a new alfalfa crop, plant growth and development information in cotton management decisions, hemp diseases, predator thresholds in cotton insect management decisions, and management of sugarcane aphids in Arizona sorghum. The event was also livestreamed on Facebook.
In response to the many requests, we made the presentations and videos of the event available online through the following links:
CLICK HERE for a Zoom link to the whole 2020 Virtual “Tent Talks”
- Precision Planting Experiment on Cotton (Dr. Pedro Andrade-Sanchez)
Here’re links to the videos shared during Pedro’s presentation. There’s description within the link of each video:
CLICK HERE for Pedro’s presentation as streamed on Facebook
- Planting a New Alfalfa Crop (Dr. Mike Ottman)
CLICK HERE for Mike’s presentation as streamed on Facebook
- Plant Growth and Development Information in Cotton Management Decisions (Dr. Randy Norton)
CLICK HERE for Randy’s presentation as streamed on Facebook
- Industrial Hemp Diseases (Dr. Alex Hu)
CLICK HERE for Alex’s presentation as streamed on Facebook
- Predator Thresholds in Cotton Insect Management Decisions (Dr. Peter Ellsworth)
CLICK HERE for Peter’s presentation as streamed on Facebook
- Management of Sugarcane Aphid in Arizona Forage Sorghum (Dr. Ayman Mostafa)
- Here’s link to the video of SCA sampling using Aphid Quick Checker (also available in the online presentation): https://youtu.be/dVZVDZgpHms
CLICK HERE for Ayman’s presentation as streamed on Facebook
Here’s a reminder of our “Tent Talks” last year in Goodyear and Buckeye.
I hope we will have such in-person UArizona Cooperative Extension Field Crops event soon.