In lieu of our traditional, in-person “Tent Talks” at the field, we held a Virtual “Tent Talks” on Wednesday, August 19, 2020. The event was well-attended with wide array of topics including, precision planting experiment on cotton, planting a new alfalfa crop, plant growth and development information in cotton management decisions, hemp diseases, predator thresholds in cotton insect management decisions, and management of sugarcane aphids in Arizona sorghum. The event was also livestreamed on Facebook.
In response to the many requests, we made the presentations and videos of the event available online through the following links:
- Precision Planting Experiment on Cotton (Dr. Pedro Andrade-Sanchez)
Here’re links to the videos shared during Pedro’s presentation. There’s description within the link of each video:
- Planting a New Alfalfa Crop (Dr. Mike Ottman)
- Plant Growth and Development Information in Cotton Management Decisions (Dr. Randy Norton)
- Industrial Hemp Diseases (Dr. Alex Hu)
- Predator Thresholds in Cotton Insect Management Decisions (Dr. Peter Ellsworth)
- Management of Sugarcane Aphid in Arizona Forage Sorghum (Dr. Ayman Mostafa)
- Here’s link to the video of SCA sampling using Aphid Quick Checker (also available in the online presentation): https://youtu.be/dVZVDZgpHms
Here’s a reminder of our “Tent Talks” last year in Goodyear and Buckeye.
I hope we will have such in-person UArizona Cooperative Extension Field Crops event soon.